The Special Character of McAuley High School
- School systems of pastoral care which value each person as an individual creation of God, with great worth.
- An accredited Religious Education programme, which is compulsory at all levels of the school.
- Prayer at the beginning and end of each day.
- Class Masses and other liturgies.
- Retreats – a day of reflection for each year level.
- Outreach groups such as St Vinnies, Caritas, World Vision, SADD and Amnesty International.
- Fundraising to help the less fortunate.
- Whole school celebration of Eucharist for special days such as Dedication, Mercy and Thanksgiving.
Our Mercy Values are:
Whakarangatira – Respect
Aroha – Compassion
Tika – Justice
Panekiretanga – Excellence
Awhina – Service
We choose to live these values by:
- Respecting the dignity of persons not for what they have or what they can offer us in return, but simply because they are person.
- Helping to remove barriers that keep people from achieving their full participation in society.
- Collaborating with others as equals.
- Demonstrating fairness and modeling justice in all our practices.
- Celebrating and developing the gifts and talents of each person.
- Respecting and nourishing our environment.
- Creating a spirit of hospitality by acknowledging and supporting others.